Welcome back to school, CPLUGers! Believe it or not, it’s officer election time again!
By joining CPLUG’s execboard, you will gain valuable leadership skills, meet new people, and contribute back to the Linux community.
The following positions will be available:
- President – The person responsible for getting things done
- Vice President – Same as president, but especially so if the President is unable or unwilling to fulfill his duties
- Treasurer – Responsible for handling money, fund raising, and CPLUG’s club account
- Webmaster – Responsible for website updates and maintenance
- Industry relations – Responsible for enticing companies to give club talks and sponsorship support
To run for a position, you need to do the following things:
- Submit a short paragraph to execboard at cplug.org about who you are including name/major/year, what position you’re running for, IRC nick, and why you want to be on the execboard.
- If you haven’t yet, introduce yourself to the IRC channel (http://cplug.org/irc).
- Be prepared to submit more information if the need arises.
The deadline to submit applications is Tuesday, September 13th by 7am. Results should be posted by midnight of the same day.
Good luck and have fun! :-)